Whether you are a parent or caregiver, teacher or other education worker, Wauconda Area Library is here to help you! Beyond our extensive catalog, which includes dedicated Parent/Teacher and Homeschool collections, we offer a wide range of services to aid you in your education needs. If we don't offer the services or resources you are looking for directly, we have a curated list of third-party resources which may be just what you're looking for. Read on to learn about our Virtual Preschool Fair, school outreach programs, teacher bag delivery, programming for kids and families, and some of our own digital resources--essential to the learning experience.
Virtual Preschool Fair
There are plenty of excellent preschools here in the Wauconda Area community! Visit our Virtual Preschool fair to learn more about your options.
Can your classroom benefit from a storytime or lesson from one of our education specialists?
Enhance your learning experience with a virtual classroom visit! Click below to learn more and to book a visit.
Looking to augment your lesson plan with some great books from Wauconda Area Library?
Visit the link below to learn more about our teacher bag delivery service, and to place a request for materials.
Take & Make Craft- Art Around the World
Tiny Art Show
Spot the Fox
Baby Play and Learn
- Lynda.com - Free library resource to learn technology, creative and business skills you can use today. Lynda.com offers online video tutorials for the web, design, photography, audio and music production, video, 3D animation and much more.
- Udacity.com - Join Udacity to learn the latest in Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Web Development & more, with Nanodegree programs & free online courses.
- Khan Academy - Expert-created content and resources for every subject and level. Always free.
- PBS Parents - Activities and resources for parents.
- National Education Association - Parent resources on providing emotional support, education policy updates, important issues affecting the nation's schools and students.
- Mango Languages - Language-learning software teaches practical conversation in over 70 languages, with free mobile apps, hands-free learning features, and progress tracking.
- Duolingo - Duolingo is the world's most popular way to learn a language. It's 100% free, fun and science-based. Practice online on duolingo.com or on the apps!
- Tumblebooks - For Grades Pre-K - 6. Watch, listen and read your favorite picture books as they come to life with animation.
- Overdrive eBooks - Free eBooks and Audiobooks eRead, eListen, Read-Alongs.
- eReference Books - Search hundreds of eReference Books, such as online encyclopedias, dictionaries, reference libraries and almanacs. Subcollections by subject make searching easier.
- Parent Teacher Collection - Search the library's print collection of hundreds of books aimed at parenting, homeschooling, and resources for teachers.
- OpenSpace - OpenSpace is open source interactive data visualization software designed to visualize the entire known universe and portray our ongoing efforts to investigate the cosmos.
- NASA at Home - Let NASA bring the universe into your home!
- George C. Marshall Space Flight Center - Interactive global geostationary weather satellite images.
- Make Your Own Weather Station
- American Battlefied Trust - The American Battlefield Trust preserves America’s hallowed battlegrounds and educates the public about what happened there and why it matters.
- National Museum of Civil War Medicine - Online resources are designed to help educators and students discover and share the history of Civil War medicine.
- BrainPOP Civil War - Movies, quizzes, challenges, and games educating children on the Civil War.
- Morton Arboretum - Classroom items for loan, digital resource bundles, escape rooms, and more.
- Lake County Forest Preserves - Have a question about Lake County nature or history? You can ask a Lake County Forest Preserve Educator. Ask an educator! Email them them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chicago Academy of Sciences - Wonder at Home series to learn about nature and science.
- National Zoo - Resources to engage learners in grades pre-K to 12 with science, the natural world, wildlife and conservation.
- Brookfield Zoo - Coloring pages, at-home science activities, live chats with animals, and more.
- Field Museum - Learning at home resources exploring the natural world.
- Museum of Science and Industry - Science at home hands on science videos, games, and more.
- TED-ED@Home - Free daily lessons, activities and challenges to support students, parents, and teachers.
- Illinois State Board of Education - Homeschool requirements for the state of Illinois.
- Illinois Christian Home Educators - Information about IL law, conventions, support groups and more.
- Illinois H.O.U.S.E. (Home Oriented Unique Schooling Experience) - Statewide non-denominational website.
- Popcorn & Peanuts - A site for finding Illinois home education laws.
- Johnsburg Public Library Homeschool Resource Center - Johnsburg Public Library in Johnsburg IL offers a large variety of curriculum materials, science equipment, homeschool supply catalogs, and more. Anyone can use their materials; anyone with a valid Illinois public library card may check out items
Digital Library of Illinois (Overdrive/Libby)
Powered by Overdrive, we have combined our exclusive e-content titles with other libraries to provide a much larger selection of materials to choose from, while still maintaining first dibs on titles we will continue to add regularly.
Start your research project here. Explora delivers results from multiple sources including articles, ebooks, essays, and primary source documents.”
Stream & download movies, music, audiobooks, ebooks, comics and TV shows to enjoy on most any device.
Browse educational and engaging videos for children of all ages that promote positive social and emotional development and inspire creativity in young minds.
Language-learning software teaches practical conversation in over 70 languages, with free mobile apps, hands-free learning features, and progress tracking.
For Grades Pre-K - 6. Watch, listen and read your favorite picture books as they come to life with animation.