In person voter registration is available at the Lake or Mchenry Couty Clerks' Offices, the Wauconda Township Office, Village offices, and here at the Wauconda Area Library. Please call ahead to any of these locations to confirm voter registrar availability, and click here for a complete list of local Official Places of Voter Registration.
For information on registering online or by mail, follow either of the links below.
Each person applying for registration must provide two forms of identification. Identification with the applicant's name, address, signature, and picture is preferred.
Applicants with questionable identification should be referred to the County Clerk. At least one form of identification must include the applicant's physical residence address. For acceptable forms of identification, see below:
Acceptable Forms of Identification
- Illinois driver's license
- State of Illinois identification card
- Utility or contract service bill addressed to applicant at physical address postmarked no more than 30 days prior
- Personalized check for checking account
- Valid passport
- Military, employee, student or welfare identification card
- Certified copy of birth certificate
- Social security card or veteran's administration patient card
- Civic, union or professional membership card
- Checking cashing card
- Library or insurance card
- Certified copy of marriage license or divorce papers
- Naturalization papers