In person voter registration is available at the Lake or McHenry County Clerks' Offices, the Wauconda Township Office, the Village offices and here at the library.
Please call ahead to any of these locations to confirm voter registrar availability, and click here for a complete list of local Official Places of Voter Registration.
For information on registering online or by mail, follow either of the links below.
For more information on voter registration, see the websites of the Lake County Clerk or the McHenry County Clerk.
When going to Lake or McHenry County, Wauconda Township, or Village offices to apply in person remember each person applying for registration must provide two forms of identification. Identification with the applicant's name, address, signature, and picture is preferred.
Applicants with questionable identification should be referred to the County Clerk. At least one form of identification must include the applicant's physical residence address. For acceptable forms of identification, see below:
Acceptable Forms of Identification
- Illinois driver's license
- State of Illinois identification card
- Utility or contract service bill addressed to applicant at physical address postmarked no more than 30 days prior
- Personalized check for checking account
- Valid passport
- Military, employee, student or welfare identification card
- Certified copy of birth certificate
- Social security card or veteran's administration patient card
- Civic, union or professional membership card
- Checking cashing card
- Library or insurance card
- Certified copy of marriage license or divorce papers
- Naturalization papers
- Lake County Voter Power:
- Check your registration status and view your personalized Voter Power page
- Illinois Voter Registration Lookup
- Rock the Vote