We hope you join our team!
Well known for its friendliness, the Wauconda Area Library serves a fast-growing district of 27,000 residents with a staff of 53 employees, an award-winning building, and state-of-the-art automation and computer services. The Wauconda Area Library, North Suburban Library System's 2005 "Library of the Year," is located in the fast-growing northwest suburbs of Chicago, in western Lake County, just north of Barrington and Lake Zurich. The library district encompasses all or portions of Island Lake, Lakemoor, Lake Barrington, Port Barrington, Volo, Wauconda, and unincorporated Lake County.
Page Plus - Part-time (reposted 9/10/18)
We are seeking a friendly, enthusiastic, service-minded applicant to provide a positive library experience in our Public Services Department. Must be detail oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment. Must be a self-starter, flexible and have excellent communication and customer service skills. Benefits include pro-rated vacation time and paid holidays.
Essential Job Duties:
- Accurately and efficiently shelve library materials.
- Works collaboratively with the Page Plus Supervisor and Page Plus team to shelve materials with the highest quality and maintain the highest quality order within the library’s collections.
- Support the Call Center and “within the hour” concept utilizing a headset and mobile device.
- Continuously maintain the orderliness and cleanliness of all public areas.
- Provide friendly customer service on the public floor while shelving materials.
- Represent the Library’s brand by providing a positive image at all times.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills, flexibility and sound and independent judgment.
- Comfortably use library technology.
- Work productively in a fast paced team environment.
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage details.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- A minimum of 1 year of service oriented work experience.
- A combination of relevant work experience and post-secondary education is preferred.
- Ability to see, walk, sit, stand, speak, and hear.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach.
- Dexterity to perform data entry and eye-hand coordination to handle library materials or operating automated equipment.
- Ability to push 50 pounds.
- Ability to work on your feet and stand for extended periods.
Part-time, 15 hours per week. Available shifts are:
- Tuesdays 5-9 p.m.
- Wednesdays 1-5 p.m., 5-9 p.m.
- Thursdays 5-9 p.m.
- Fridays 1-6 p.m.
- Saturdays 8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
$11/hour, depending on qualifications
Please fill out an application and send to:
Public Services Supervisor
Wauconda Area Library
801 N. Main Street
Wauconda, IL 60084