We hope you join our team!
Well known for its friendliness, the Wauconda Area Library serves a diverse district of 27,000 residents with a staff of 53 employees, an award-winning building, and state-of-the-art automation and computer services. The library district encompasses all or portions of Island Lake, Lakemoor, Lake Barrington, Port Barrington, Volo, Wauconda, and unincorporated Lake County.
Public Services Associate I - Part-time (posted 7/12/19)
We are seeking a friendly, enthusiastic, service-minded applicant to provide a positive library experience in our busy Public Services Department. Benefits include pro-rated vacation time and paid holidays. Spanish-speaking a plus.
Essential Job Duties:
- Accurately and efficiently shelve library materials.
- Works collaboratively with the Public Services Manager and Page Plus team to shelve materials with the highest quality and maintain the highest quality order within the library’s collections.
- Support the Call Center and “within the hour” concept utilizing a headset and mobile device.
- Continuously maintain the orderliness and cleanliness of all public areas.
- Provide friendly customer service on the public floor while shelving materials.
- Represent the Library’s brand by providing a positive image at all times.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills, flexibility and sound and independent judgment.
- Comfortably use library technology.
- Work productively in a fast paced team environment.
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage details.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- A minimum of 1 year of service oriented work experience.
- A combination of relevant work experience and post-secondary education is preferred.
- Ability to see, walk, sit, stand, speak, and hear.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach.
- Dexterity to perform data entry and eye-hand coordination to handle library materials or operating automated equipment.
- Ability to push 50 pounds.
- Ability to read 9 point font.
- Ability to work on your feet and stand for extended periods.
- Requires working outdoors for assigned programs or duties.
This job description describes a general category of jobs. In order to meet the needs of the Wauconda Area Library or its departments, employees may be assigned other duties, in addition of in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time. The Wauconda Area Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Library will review a reasonable request for accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.The Wauconda Area Public Library reserves the right to modify this and every position description in whole or in part at any time.
$11.50/hour, depending on qualifications. Includes pro-rated paid vacation time and paid holidays.
Please fill out an application, submit a resume, and a cover letter to:
Public Services Manager
Wauconda Area Library
801 N. Main Street
Wauconda, IL 60084