We hope you join our team!
Well known for its friendliness, the Wauconda Area Library serves a diverse district of 27,000 residents with a staff of 55 employees, an award-winning building, and state-of-the-art automation and computer services. The library district encompasses all or portions of Island Lake, Lakemoor, Lake Barrington, Port Barrington, Volo, Wauconda, and unincorporated Lake County.
Public Services Associate II - Adult Help Desk - Part-time (2 positions)
Responsible for providing exceptional customer service in a friendly and professional manner and for creating a positive library experience, primarily at the Adult Help Desk.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide friendly and enthusiastic customer service and reference assistance on the telephone, in person, and when using electronic communication.
- Provide catalog and database instruction to patrons.
- Maintain general awareness of topics of current or popular interest and popular authors to provide excellent readers advisory.
- Comfortably use a variety of electronic devices in order to answer patron queries about library services.
- Assist patrons with the public computers and the Printing Center, including copying, scanning and faxing.
- Represent the Library’s brand by providing a positive image at all times.
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving skills, flexibility and sound and independent judgment.
- Troubleshoot library equipment and communicate outages to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to accurately handle money transactions.
- Effectively resolve patron misunderstandings or complaints.
- Work productively in a fast paced team environment.
- Ensure all policies of the Wauconda Area Library are followed.
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to productively communicate with all levels of library staff and management.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage details.
- Serve on committees as needed and attend library meetings as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
- Exceptional customer service focus.
- Working understanding of library operations.
- Exceptional problem solving abilities.
- Travel locally as needed.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of 2 years of library work experience or service related work experience.
This job description describes a general category of jobs. In order to meet the needs of the Wauconda Area Library or its departments, employees may be assigned other duties, in addition of in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time. The Wauconda Area Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Library will review a reasonable request for accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
The Wauconda Area Public Library reserves the right to modify this and every position description in whole or in part at any time.
2 Part-time positions (please specify desired schedule)
20-28 hours per week.
1 Saturday per month 9am-5pm
1 Sunday per month 12pm-4pm
1 Saturday per month 9am-5pm
1 Sunday per month 12p-4pm
$16.00/hour, depending on qualifications. Includes IMRF benefits, pro-rated vacation and holiday pay.
Please fill out an application and send to:
Public Services Manager
Wauconda Area Library
801 N. Main Street
Wauconda, IL 60084