The Wauconda Area Library’s early literacy program introduces young children to a wide range of literature, encourages families to spend quality time together and promotes pre-literacy and learning so children enter school ready to read, listen, learn and succeed!
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
- 3 books a day for 1 year =1,095 books
- 1 book a day for 3 years = 1,095 books
You can also:
- Read the same book over, and over, and over.
- Also, count the books your child hears in storytime, in daycare or preschool.
- Read books from anywhere, not just library books.
How Does It Work?
- Register: Click below to sign up with Beanstack or in person. Come to library for your starter pack.
- Self Paced Program: Lets you decide how often and how long you read to your child.
- Track Your Reading: Each time you read a book with your child, fill in a circle on the reading log.
- Reading Logs : At each 100 books completed come to the library for a reading milestones memory maker sheet, commemorative sticker, and new log sheet.
- Reading Incentives: Children receive a free book at 500 and 1,000 books, along with a medal and certificate on completion.
Kids' Choice Book Club
Grades 3 - 8
August 19 - February 28
You'll be over the moon with our Kids' Choice list. We combined the new Bluestem and Rebecca Caudill award nominees to create a Kids' Choice list you'll think is a blast to read. Read any 5 books to earn a prize. Read a total of 10 books from the list and earn another prize.
Stop by our Kid City help desks any time, we are happy to help you with book lists and using Beanstack.