Christmas Holiday Closing
The Library will close on Sunday, December 24th through Monday, December 25. We will reopen 9:00 am on Tuesday, December 26th.
The Wauconda Area Library’s early literacy program introduces young children to a wide range of literature, encourages families to spend quality time together and promotes pre-literacy and learning so children enter school ready to read, listen, learn and succeed!
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
- 3 books a day for 1 year =1,095 books
- 1 book a day for 3 years = 1,095 books
You can also:
- Read the same book over, and over, and over.
- Also, count the books your child hears in storytime, in daycare or preschool.
- Read books from anywhere, not just library books.
How Does It Work?
- Register: Click below to sign up with Beanstack or in person. Come to library for your starter pack.
- Self Paced Program: Lets you decide how often and how long you read to your child.
- Track Your Reading: Each time you read a book with your child, fill in a circle on the reading log.
- Reading Logs : At each 100 books completed come to the library for a reading milestones memory maker sheet, commemorative sticker, and new log sheet.
- Reading Incentives: Children receive a free book at 500 and 1,000 books, along with a medal and certificate on completion.
The First Chapters Book Club
Read any Historical Fiction book of your choice. Print out your review form HERE or pick a form up in Kid City. Return the form to the library to pick up your activity.
Activities available for pick up starting April 17th in Kid City.
Last day to submit reviews and pick up activity May 5th.
Stop by our Kid City help desks any time, we are happy to help you with book lists and using Beanstack.