The purpose of Studio 801 is to provide library patrons state-of-the-art equipment and software designed to help complete various digital projects, including school, work, and personal projects. Studio 801 offers the space, hardware, and software for library patrons to get creative with graphic design, video, music, photography, digitization, and much more!
Patron Use of Studio 801 Guidelines
- Wauconda Area Library cardholders ages 14 and up may make appointments up to one week in advance by calling the Library or stopping by the Kid City Help Desk.
- Reciprocal borrowers ages 14 and up can make an appointment the day of or on a walk-in basis.
- Patrons 13 years old and under may use the Studio when accompanied by an adult.
- All patrons using the Studio will be required to provide a library card or ID while using the Studio.
- Appointments can be set for up to 4 hours, we will extend 1 hour at a time, as needed and as available if more time is needed. Reservations will be held for 15 minutes.
- No more than 4 patrons can use the Studio at a time.
- Food and drink are prohibited.
- Please bring a USB flash drive or save your work to the cloud. The computer in the Studio will not save your work.
- Please note, the Studio is not soundproofed. It is not intended for musical instrument practice using instruments aside from the ones provided by the library.