Jump to navigation
Resources for Parents and Teachers
- Lynda.com - Free library resource to learn technology, creative and business skills you can use today. Lynda.com offers online video tutorials for the web, design, photography, audio and music production, video, 3D animation and much more.
- Udacity.com - Join Udacity to learn the latest in Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Web Development & more, with Nanodegree programs & free online courses.
- Khan Academy - Expert-created content and resources for every subject and level. Always free.
General Remote Learning Resources
- PBS Parents - Activities and resources for parents.
- National Education Association - Parent resources on providing emotional support, education policy updates, important issues affecting the nation's schools and students.
- Mango Languages - Language-learning software teaches practical conversation in over 70 languages, with free mobile apps, hands-free learning features, and progress tracking.
- Duolingo - Duolingo is the world's most popular way to learn a language. It's 100% free, fun and science-based. Practice online on duolingo.com or on the apps!
Reading & Literacy
- Tumblebooks - For Grades Pre-K - 6. Watch, listen and read your favorite picture books as they come to life with animation.
- Overdrive eBooks - Free eBooks and Audiobooks eRead, eListen, Read-Alongs.
- eReference Books - Search hundreds of eReference Books, such as online encyclopedias, dictionaries, reference libraries and almanacs. Subcollections by subject make searching easier.
- Parent Teacher Collection - Search the library's print collection of hundreds of books aimed at parenting, homeschooling, and resources for teachers.
Science & Humanities
- OpenSpace - OpenSpace is open source interactive data visualization software designed to visualize the entire known universe and portray our ongoing efforts to investigate the cosmos.
- NASA at Home - Let NASA bring the universe into your home!
- George C. Marshall Space Flight Center - Interactive global geostationary weather satellite images.
- Make Your Own Weather Station
- American Battlefied Trust - The American Battlefield Trust preserves America’s hallowed battlegrounds and educates the public about what happened there and why it matters.
- National Museum of Civil War Medicine - Online resources are designed to help educators and students discover and share the history of Civil War medicine.
- BrainPOP Civil War - Movies, quizzes, challenges, and games educating children on the Civil War.
- Morton Arboretum - Classroom items for loan, digital resource bundles, escape rooms, and more.
- Lake County Forest Preserves - Have a question about Lake County nature or history? You can ask a Lake County Forest Preserve Educator. Ask an educator! Email them them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chicago Academy of Sciences - Wonder at Home series to learn about nature and science.
- National Zoo - Resources to engage learners in grades pre-K to 12 with science, the natural world, wildlife and conservation.
- Brookfield Zoo - Coloring pages, at-home science activities, live chats with animals, and more.
- Field Museum - Learning at home resources exploring the natural world.
- Museum of Science and Industry - Science at home hands on science videos, games, and more.
- TED-ED@Home - Free daily lessons, activities and challenges to support students, parents, and teachers.