Public Services Associate III – Bilingual Kid City
¿Te gusta hacer la diferencia en la vida de las personas? ¿Tienes un corazón para servir a la comunidad de habla hispana?
The Wauconda Area Public Library is looking for an enthusiastic, creative team player with excellent communication skills and dedication to working with children in English and in Spanish, to fill a full-time position.
Essential Job Duties:
- Plan and implement children’s programs in Spanish.
- Plan and present classroom visit presentations to Bilingual elementary students in District 118.
- Provide friendly and professional customer service on the telephone, in person, and when using electronic communication at the Kid City public service desk. Accurately respond to patron questions.
- Effectively resolve patron misunderstandings or complaints.
- Provide reader’s advisory assistance in English and Spanish.
- Provide catalog, online database and one-on-one device instruction to patrons.
- Troubleshoot library equipment and communicate outages to appropriate personnel.
- Comfortably use and explain how to use technology.
- Serve on library committees as needed.
- Participate in RAILS and other networking groups.
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, flexibility and sound and independent judgment.
- Work productively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Represent the Library’s brand by providing a positive image at all times.
- Ensure all policies of the Wauconda Area Library are followed.
- Work productively without direct supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required. Some college preferred.
- This position requires fluency in reading, writing, and speaking both English and Spanish.
- 1 or more years experience working with children; library or teaching experience desirable.
- Comfort and familiarity with computers including email and Microsoft Office.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, including nights and an assigned weekend rotation.
- Valid Illinois driver’s license.
- Travel locally as needed.
The Wauconda Area Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Library will review a reasonable request for accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Full-time, 37.5 hours per week. Schedule includes morning, afternoon, evening, and weekend hours. Schedule subject to change.
$18.00 - $21.00 /hour, depending on qualifications. Includes IMRF benefits, pro-rated vacation and holiday pay, health insurance, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
Please fill out an application and send to:
Wauconda Area Library
801 N. Main Street
Wauconda, IL 60084