Public Services Associate III – Bilingual
The Wauconda Area Public Library is looking for an enthusiastic, creative team player with excellent communication skills and dedication to customer service in English and in Spanish, to fill a full-time position.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide friendly and professional customer service on the telephone, in person, and when using electronic communication. Accurately respond to patron questions.
- Effectively resolve patron misunderstandings or complaints.
- Provide reader’s advisory assistance in English and Spanish.
- Plan and implement children’s and adult programs in Spanish and attend school outreach events.
- Provide catalog, online database and one-on-one device instruction to patrons.
- Troubleshoot library equipment and communicate outages to appropriate personnel.
- Comfortably use and explain how to use technology.
- Serve on library committees as needed.
- Participate in RAILS and other networking groups.
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, flexibility and sound and independent judgment.
- Work productively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Represent the Library’s brand by providing a positive image at all times.
- Ensure all policies of the Wauconda Area Library are followed.
- Work productively without direct supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking both English and Spanish.
- 1 or more years of customer service experience; library experience desirable.
- Comfort and familiarity with computers including email and Microsoft Office.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, including nights and one weekend shift per month.
- Valid Illinois driver’s license.
- Travel locally as needed.
The Wauconda Area Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Library will review a reasonable request for accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Full-time, 37.5 hours per week. Schedule includes morning, afternoon, evening, and weekend hours. Schedule subject to change.
$18.00 - $21.00 /hour, depending on qualifications. Includes IMRF benefits, pro-rated vacation and holiday pay, health insurance, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
Please fill out an application and send to:
Wauconda Area Library
801 N. Main Street
Wauconda, IL 60084