Looking for a caring, empathetic and friendly individual with experience working with children and their caregivers in a library or related setting.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide friendly and enthusiastic customer service and reference assistance on the telephone, in person, and when using electronic communication.
- Provide catalog and database instruction to patrons.
- Maintain general awareness of topics of current or popular interest and popular authors to provide excellent readers advisory.
- Comfortably use a variety of electronic devices in order to answer patron queries about library services.
- Assist patrons with the public computers and the Printing Center, including copying, scanning and faxing.
- Represent the Library’s brand by providing a positive image at all times.
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving skills, flexibility and sound and independent judgment.
- Troubleshoot library equipment and communicate outages to appropriate personnel.
- Help keep up with the cleanliness of Kid City.
- Effectively resolve patron misunderstandings or complaints.
- Work productively in a fast paced team environment.
- Ensure all policies of the Wauconda Area Library are followed.
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to productively communicate with all levels of library staff and management.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage details.
- Perform other duties as assigned such as working at the library’s Greeter Desk and Call Center.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
- Exceptional customer service focus.
- Working understanding of library operations.
- Exceptional problem solving abilities.
- Travel locally as needed.
Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma required. Bachelors degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of library work experience or service related work experience.
- Experience working with children ages birth-8th grade strongly preferred.
The Wauconda Area Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Library will review a reasonable request for accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
1 assigned Saturday per month 9am-5pm
1 assigned Sunday per month 12pm-4pm
$14.50-$16.00/hour depending on qualifications. Includes pro-rated vacation and holiday pay if working qualifying hours.
Please fill out an application and send to: Public Services Manager Wauconda Area Library 801 N. Main Street Wauconda, IL 60084 email@example.com