Professional Librarian (Full-time) – Adult Help Desk
The Wauconda Area Public Library is seeking a friendly and experienced Professional Librarian to join our team. This position will primarily work at the Adult and Greeter Help Desks. When not serving our patrons on a public desk, the primary focus of this position will be on adult collection development. A secondary focus will be contributing ideas, planning, and hosting select adult programs.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain collection areas including but not limited to online databases and adult nonfiction.
- Provide ideas, assist with planning, and host adult programs in collaboration with our Program Team.
- Facilitate the monthly nonfiction book club for adults.
- Provide friendly and professional customer service on the telephone, in person, and when using electronic communication. Accurately respond to patron questions.
- Effectively resolve patron misunderstandings or complaints.
- Comfort with public interactions, in individual or group settings.
- Be courteous, diplomatic, and relate to individuals of various backgrounds.
- Adapt to constant change with patience, tact, and professionalism.
- Provide reader’s advisory assistance.
- Provide catalog, online database and one-on-one device instruction to patrons.
- Troubleshoot Library equipment and communicate outages to appropriate personnel.
- Comfortably use and explain how to use technology.
- Participate in RAILS and other networking groups.
- Participate in ongoing training through webinars, presentations and attendance at local conferences.
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving skills, flexibility and sound and independent judgment.
- Work productively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Represent the Library’s brand by providing a positive image at all times.
- Ensure all policies of the Wauconda Area Public Library are followed.
- Work productively without direct supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- ALA accredited Master’s degree in Library Science.
- A minimum of 2 years of public library work experience.
- Prior experience with collection development including ordering materials using Baker & Taylor, weeding, and merchandising.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours.
- Access to transportation is required.
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week, including one evening per week, and a weekend rotation.
$21.00-23.00/hour, depending on qualifications. Includes IMRF benefits, pro-rated vacation and holiday pay, health insurance, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
Please fill out an application and send to:
Wauconda Area Library
801 N. Main Street
Wauconda, IL 60084