Responsible for providing exceptional customer service in a friendly and professional manner and for creating a positive library experience, primarily at the Adult Help and Greeter Help Desks. This position will have a focus on library collections and assisting with adult programming.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide friendly and enthusiastic customer service and reference assistance on the telephone, in person, and when using electronic communication.
- Provide catalog and database instruction to patrons.
- Maintain awareness of topics of current or popular interest and popular authors to provide excellent readers advisory.
- Maintain a collection area including ordering, weeding, marketing, and merchandising.
- Assist with planning, executing, and/or marketing adult programs with the Program Team.
- Comfortably use a variety of electronic devices in order to answer patron queries about library services.
- Assist patrons with the public computers and the Printing Center, including copying, scanning and faxing.
- Represent the Library’s brand by providing a positive image at all times.
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, flexibility and sound and independent judgment.
- Troubleshoot library equipment and communicate outages to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to accurately handle money transactions.
- Ability to approach and defuse difficult patron situations.
- Work productively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ensure all policies of the Wauconda Area Public Library are followed.
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to productively communicate with all levels of library staff and management.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage details.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
- High School graduate or equivalent. LTA degree and/or some library science degree coursework preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ public library work experience.
$17.00 - $19.00/hour, depending on qualifications.
- Participation in IMRF through employer and employee contributions.
- Accrue vacation days.
- Holiday pay (must maintain minimum qualifying hours)
Daytime, evening and weekend hours required. Weekends are assigned on a rotating basis.
- Wednesdays 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Thursdays 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Fridays 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- 1 Saturday per month 8:45 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- 1 Sunday per month 11:45 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Please fill out an application and resume and send to:
Wauconda Area Library
801 N. Main Street
Wauconda, IL 60084