The Wauconda Area Library’s early literacy program introduces young children to a wide range of literature, encourages families to spend quality time together and promotes pre-literacy and learning so children enter school ready to read, listen, learn and succeed!
How Does It Work?
- Register: Click below to sign up with Beanstack or in person. Come to library for your starter pack.
- Self Paced Program: Lets you decide how often and how long you read to your child.
- Track Your Reading: Each time you read a book with your child, fill in a circle on the reading log.
- Reading Logs : At each 100 books completed come to the library for a reading milestones memory maker sheet, commemorative sticker, and new log sheet.
- Reading Incentives: Children receive a free book at 500 and 1,000 books, along with a medal and certificate on completion.