Your Library building may be closed for now, but we are still here to help. Please find our resources list below with agencies and information who are helping with many of the common concerns and situations during COVID-19.
- USA.gov - https://www.usa.gov/unemployment
Learn how to apply for unemployment benefits, workers’ compensation, welfare or temporary assistance, and other programs and services that can help if you lose your job.
- IDES -Illinois Department of Employment Security - https://www2.illinois.gov/ides/individuals/UnemploymentInsurance/Pages/default.aspx
The Illinois Department of Employment Security is the code department of the Illinois state government that administers state unemployment benefits, runs the employment service and Illinois Job Bank, and publishes labor market information.
COVID-19 Health Related Resources/Data
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is the leading, national public health institute of the United States.
Small Business Resources
- U.S. Small Business Administration - https://www.sba.gov/
Created in 1953, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) continues to help small business owners and entrepreneurs pursue the American dream. The SBA is the only cabinet-level federal agency fully dedicated to small business and provides counseling, capital, and contracting expertise as the nation’s only go-to resource and voice for small businesses.
- Wauconda Chamber of Commerce - https://waucondachamber.org/
The Chamber serves the Wauconda community along with the surrounding areas including Lakemoor, Volo and Island Lake. The Chamber is comprised of over 300 area businesses, organizations and civic groups that work together to improve the economic and cultural environment where we live, work and play.
Finding Internet Access
Here’s a list of the internet providers offering free or low cost internet access in response to COVID-19:
- Comcast Xfinity - You can get free internet at home from Comcast Xfinity through its Internet Essentials program https://www.internetessentials.com/
- AT&T - https://www.att.com/shop/internet/access/#!/
Free Wi-Fi Hotspots - Comcast is making Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots available to anyone who needs them, including non-Xfinity customers. - https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/open-xfinity-wifi-hotspots
- Free “Grab-and-Go” breakfast/lunch meals for ANY District 118 child 18 years of age or younger may be picked up between 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on weekdays at ANY of these school locations: Wauconda High School, Wauconda Grade School, Robert Crown School and Cotton Creek School and between 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. at the following locations (look for a District 118 school bus in the parking lot):
Island Lake Village Hall parking lot, 3720 Greenleaf Avenue, Island Lake, IL 60042
Lakemoor Village Hall parking lot, 28581 Illinois Route 120, Lakemoor, IL 60051
Port Barrington Village Hall parking lot, 69 South Circle Avenue, Port Barrington, IL 60010
Volo Village Hall parking lot, 500 South Fish Lake Road, Volo, IL 60073
- Wednesday Night Food Pantry from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. at the back parking lot of Wauconda Grade School. Non-perishable food items will be available for pick-up by ANY District 118 family in need. Donations accepted at Door #13 at the back entrance of the Wauconda Grade School Gymnasium from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.
Wauconda Island Lake Food Pantry - http://www.wilfp.org/
- Mano a Mano Family Resource Center - https://mamfrc.org/
Mano a Mano is a family resource center and their mission is to empower immigrant families in Lake County, IL to become full participants in American life.