Do you have a document to notarize? The library offers free notarization service. With proper photo identification provided, an official Notary Public will verify the signatures on legal documents. Please call the library at 847-526-6225 to confirm that a Notary is on staff and available to help you.
- Please bring current photo identification with a signature such as a Driver’s License, State ID, Passport, or US Military ID
- Do not sign the document beforehand. Documents must be signed in front of the Notary.
- If witnesses are required in addition to a Notary, please bring your own witnesses. Wauconda Area Library is unable to supply witnesses for you.
- Due to changes in notarial law (effective June 1, 2009) we are unable to notarize any real estate documents pertaining to Cook County.*
- We are unable to complete or notarize government Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification.*
- We cannot notarize documents recorded by the County (e.g. birth certificates, marriage certificates, death certificates).
*For Cook County real estate documents and I-9 forms, see http://www.123notary.com to find a mobile notary near you.