Wauconda Area Public Library District
iPad / Laptop Computer
Checkout Policy and User Agreement
Library patrons who are at least 18 years of age may check an iPad/Laptop from the Circulation Desk for up to two hours, for in-house use ONLY. This library service is subject to availability. All Library iPads/Laptops must remain in the library building during use and each iPad/Laptop is to be used only by the person who checks it out.
To check out an iPad/Laptop, a patron must submit their own current Wauconda Area Library card and a valid driver’s license. The patron must be in good standing (no fines or overdues) and registered for a minimum of 90 days. The driver’s license will be returned to the patron when the patron returns the iPad/Laptop. Under no circumstances may a patron use another person's library card.
Library patrons who check out an iPad/Laptop must first sign an agreement to the following:
· I will immediately inspect the iPad/Laptop upon checking it out and agree that it is good condition.
· I will not tamper with hardware or existing software. I agree to protect this equipment from theft and/or damage. I understand that the Wauconda Police will investigate any loss of an iPad/Laptop or any missing components, and I will cooperate with such investigations.
· I agree to go to the library Circulation Desk immediately if this equipment is damaged, lost, stolen, or malfunctioning.
· I understand that if I leave the iPad/Laptop unattended, I accept full financial responsibility for any damage to the iPad/Laptop or the replacement costs ($1000) for a missing iPad/Laptop and any missing accompanying equipment.
· I agree to return the iPad/Laptop to the Circulation Desk by the time due and personally give it to a library staff member before I leave the Wauconda Area Library.
· I understand that this equipment is a 2-hour library loan and cannot leave the building. I will not take the iPad/Laptop from the Wauconda Area Library. If nobody else is waiting to use the iPad/Laptop, it may be renewed only once for one hour, but this has to be done as the first two-hour loan is ending.
· I understand that even if I have not used the iPad/Laptop for a full two hours, I must return it to the Circulation Desk no later than 15 minutes before the library closes. (The library closes at 9 p.m. Monday – Thursday, 6 p.m. Friday, 5 p.m. Saturday, and 4 p.m. Sunday).
· I agree to accept full financial responsibility for failure to return the iPad/Laptop and accompanying equipment, and any damage incurred to the iPad/Laptop through abuse, misuse, or operation contrary to any instructions supplied with the iPad/Laptop while it is in my care. Replacement cost (including software, processing, and software) of theiPad/Laptop and accompanying equipment is $1000.
· I will not violate any of the policies specified in the Wauconda Area Library’s Internet Policy for Public Use and the library’s Patron Behavior Policy. I have read these policies and I understand that violation of these policies may result in revocation of my library privileges.
· I understand that if I am using sound-enabled resources, I must wear headphones. Headphones available to check out and ear buds available to purchase.
· I understand that the library is not responsible for damage to any disk, computer, or for any loss of data, damage, or liability that may occur from use of these devices or malfunctioning library hardware or software.
· Special PRIVACY ALERT for iPad users: The Library disclaims all liability for loss of confidential information or damages resulting from that loss, and accepts no responsibility for breach of privacy. We recommend that no personal information be entered at any time using a library iPad. Unless you clear the history, the cache, and the cookies yourself, your privacy is at risk – the library does not do this. If you log in to any service, please be certain to log out. Otherwise, your privacy is at risk.
Library iPad/Laptop privileges will be revoked if a borrower violates any part of this agreement. In addition, if a patron has a current balance of over $5.00 or seriously delinquent materials, the patron may be prohibited from iPad/Laptop use.
I have read all of the statements listed above and I agree to abide by these terms and conditions of use.
Date: ________________ Staff Initials: ________________
Patron’s Printed Name:___________________________________
Library Card #: 23089 ___________________________________
Driver’s License # _______________________________________