|Catalog | Mobile Site | Mobile Catalog | Contact Us|
|PROGRAMS||BOOKS||MOVIES & MUSIC||REFERENCE||KIDS||TEENS||ESPAÑOL|
iPad / Laptop Computer Checkout Policy and User Agreement
Public Library District
Library patrons who are at least 18 years of age may check an
iPad/Laptop from the Circulation Desk for up to two hours,
for in-house use ONLY. This
· I will immediately inspect the iPad/Laptop upon checking it out and agree that it is good condition.
· I will not tamper with hardware or existing software. I agree to protect this equipment from theft and/or damage. I understand that the Wauconda Police will investigate any loss of an iPad/Laptop or any missing components, and I will cooperate with such investigations.
· I agree to go to the library Circulation Desk immediately if this equipment is damaged, lost, stolen, or malfunctioning.
· I understand that if I leave the iPad/Laptop unattended, I accept full financial responsibility for any damage to the iPad/Laptop or the replacement costs ($1000) for a missing iPad/Laptop and any missing accompanying equipment.
· I agree to return the iPad/Laptop to the Circulation Desk by the time due and personally give it to a library staff member before I leave the Wauconda Area Library.
I understand that this equipment is a 2-hour
· I understand that even if I have not used the iPad/Laptop for a full two hours, I must return it to the Circulation Desk no later than 15 minutes before the library closes. (The library closes at 9 p.m. Monday – Thursday, 6 p.m. Friday, 5 p.m. Saturday, and 4 p.m. Sunday).
· I agree to accept full financial responsibility for failure to return the iPad/Laptop and accompanying equipment, and any damage incurred to the iPad/Laptop through abuse, misuse, or operation contrary to any instructions supplied with the iPad/Laptop while it is in my care. Replacement cost (including software, processing, and software) of the iPad/Laptop and accompanying equipment is $1000.
· I will not violate any of the policies specified in the Wauconda Area Library’s Internet Policy for Public Use and the library’s Patron Behavior Policy. I have read these policies and I understand that violation of these policies may result in revocation of my library privileges.
· I understand that if I am using sound-enabled resources, I must wear headphones. Headphones available to check out and ear buds available to purchase.
I understand that the
· Special PRIVACY ALERT for iPad users: The Library disclaims all liability for loss of confidential information or damages resulting from that loss, and accepts no responsibility for breach of privacy. We recommend that no personal information be entered at any time using a library iPad. Unless you clear the history, the cache, and the cookies yourself, your privacy is at risk – the library does not do this. If you log in to any service, please be certain to log out. Otherwise, your privacy is at risk.
Library iPad/Laptop privileges will be revoked if a borrower
violates any part of this agreement. In
addition, if a patron has a current balance of over $5.00 or seriously
delinquent materials, the patron may be prohibited from iPad/Laptop use.
Driver’s License # _______________________________________