Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
Freedom of Information Act Contact
The Library's Business Manager is the designated Freedom of Information Act Officer.
The Business Manager may be reached 9 a.m. until 5 p.m., Monday through Friday at the Wauconda Area Library.
Please see below for the address.
To contact the FOIA Officer by phone, please call 847-526-6225.
Please note: information requests must be in writing; phone requests will not be honored.
To Request Information
Freedom of Information requests must be received in writing either in letter format or by email. They should be addressed to:
c/o the Business Manager
Wauconda Area Library
801 N. Main Street
Wauconda, IL 60084
Fees for Copies
The first 50 pages black and white copies on letter or legal paper are free. Any pages after that will be charged at $.15. Colored copies or copies on paper sized other than legal or letter will be charged at the actual cost of reproduction. Cost of electronic records will be charged at the actual cost of the recording medium (i.e. disks, thumbdrives, etc.). Certified copies are $1.00.
About the Library
description of our public body is as follows:
- The purpose of the Wauconda Area Library is to provide and promote a variety of library resources and services in response to the informational, educational, cultural, and recreational needs of both the residential and business communities.
- The library serves all or portions of Island Lake, Lake Barrington, Lakemoor, Port Barrington, Volo and Wauconda. The official population of this library district is 27,246, based on the U.S. Census of 2010. The library. To check your library district, access your property tax bill from the Lake County Assessment Office or the McHenry Township Tax Assessor. You can also contact the library by calling 847-526-6225 or by email.
- An organizational chart is attached.
- The library operates within a balanced budget. The total spending plan for FY2011/2012 is $3,334,000.
- Click here to see the library's most current annual report web page.
- The office is located at this address: 801 N. Main Street, Wauconda, IL 60084
- We employ approximately the following number of persons:
- 19 Full-time
- 36 Part-time
- The following organization exercises control over our policies and procedures: The Wauconda Area Public Library District Board of Library Trustees, which meets monthly on the 2nd Monday of each month, 7:30 p.m., at the library.
Its members are: Ernest Kosty, President; Joanne Miller, Vice
President; Deborah Hughes, Secretary/Treasurer; Terry Stevig,
Ethics Officer; Bradford Johnson, and Mary Hultquist.
- We are required to report and be answerable for our operations to: Illinois State Library, Springfield, Illinois. Its members are: State Librarian, Jesse White (Secretary of State); Director of State Library, and various other staff.