We hope you join our team!
Well known for its friendliness, the Wauconda Area Library serves a fast-growing district of 27,000 residents with a staff of 53 employees, an award-winning building, and state-of-the-art automation and computer services. The Wauconda Area Library, North Suburban Library System's 2005 "Library of the Year," is located in the fast-growing northwest suburbs of Chicago, in western Lake County, just north of Barrington and Lake Zurich. The library district encompasses all or portions of Island Lake, Lakemoor, Lake Barrington, Port Barrington, Volo, Wauconda, and unincorporated Lake County.
The library is currently seeking a highly creative and energetic Graphic Artist. Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Graphic Artist is responsible for responsible for creating graphics that provide a cohesive, clear message to the community in digital and print format.
Essential Job Duties:
- Create print materials, including signage, banners and marketing materials, maintaining consistency across formats.
- Create graphics to be used on the Library’s social media accounts and website.
- Collaborate with the Programming team and Communications Coordinator to create marketing materials for library programs, events, and services.
- Maintain the library’s digital sign by creating content and managing a schedule.
- Maintain the library’s lobby tv’s.
- Create and maintain the Library’s brand by providing a positive image at all times.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, work under tight deadlines, schedule and prioritize projects.
- Demonstrate exceptional problem solving skills, flexibility and sound and independent judgment.
- Comfortably use technology.
- Work productively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ensure all policies of the Wauconda Area Library are followed.
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to productively communicate with all levels of library staff and management.
- Serve on committees as needed and attend library meetings as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent of education and experience.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Graphic design and video editing required.
- Working knowledge of public library policies, services, and practices.
This job description describes a general category of jobs. In order to meet the needs of the Wauconda Area Library or its departments, employees may be assigned other duties, in addition of in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time.
The Wauconda Area Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Library will review a reasonable request for accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
The Wauconda Area Public Library reserves the right to modify this and every position description in whole or in part at any time.
Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
$20/hour, depending on qualifications. Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous vacation, holiday, and sick pay, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term and short term disability, defined benefit pension, 457, deferred compensation, IMRF and EAP. Opportunities to further your professional credentials are plentiful, including professional association membership(s) and national conference expenses.
- Fill out an application.
- Submit a cover letter and resume listing three references.
- Submit at least three samples of original works that have been published in print and three samples of work that have been published on the web (links to active samples are welcome).
Please send to:
Wauconda Area Library
801 N. Main Street
Wauconda, IL 60084